1794-AENT Ser.A; How to setup an IP address?

boldive

I have 1794-AENT Ser.A (brand new, no rotary switch as on Ser.B)on Controllogix 5000. I have istalled Bootp program from RSLogix5000 disk. My laptop has static IP 192.168.0.11, I need to setup an IP on 1794-AENT to 192.168.0.36
When Bootp starts MAC address from 1794-AENT shows up on the screen, double click on the MAC address and I have a window to setup IP, host name and description. So far so good. I put IP 192.168.0.36, subnet mask 255.255.255.0 host name "R1FlexIO" and same short description "R1FlexIO", click OK and ... Error in the Status Bar: Unable to Serve Boot IP address from MAC_Address_of_my_module
Ok, I made direct connection to module using cross cable. Same situation. Whet I try to disable Boot/Dhcp on the module I have a new error: Failed to complete requested operation. See Status bar for further information ...

What I do wrong?

Thanks.

Use the utility menu to be sure that the BOOTP/DHCP utility has the same Network Settings as your intended subnet (the Default Gateway and Subnet Mask are the important ones).

The error you are seeing is almost certainly due to a Windows firewall or other firewall preventing this low-level Ethernet transaction from completing.

There's a brief RA technote on the BOOTP/DHCP server and firewalls:
http://rockwellautomation.custhelp....ion.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=32648

Try disabling your firewall entirely, and be sure there's no VPN software or other tunneling software that will interfere with the local subnet traffic.

Thanks Ken. I turned off Windows firewall, changed settings on BootP to my Controllogix settings (before were our local network settings). For Gateway, DNS Server I used my laptop's static IP.

After that no problem with setup. Runs good.

Thanks a lot for your help.