PV 300 micro and ML 1200 Comm. issues

pistolpetree

Hello
I am trying to download my PV program to my PV 300 micro supporting RS232, when i make the bits going to the PV and start to dl it, i get errors saying device 2 has no DF-1 port or is not connected to the same network.I believe that I need to have the ML 1200 connected at the same time? :confused: if that is the case should I use a serial splitter to do so?:unsure:

Are you trying to download the PV's program into the PV?

You don't need the ML1200 connected to do this.

Tell us the complete catalog number of your PV, please.
Also tell us the cable you are using to connect to the PV.

Last edited:
the micro 300 is CAT 2711-M3A18L1 ser A
the cable is 1761-CBL-PM02 ser.C

I know the cable works because only when I add the tags to the PV is when i get the error 9604. I am new to this but I can't understand why it would tell me device 2 is not connected to the same network if i don't need the ML connected as well.

I don't know what that error is (can't find it in the manual), hopefully someone else does.

What driver are you using in RSLinx? Does RSLinx show the PV in RSWho?

Post the program (if you can) that's giving you the problem and point us the the problem tags.

Zip the program first.

Do you actually have a second device?
I see under Application Settings / Communication Setup you have device 0 (MicroLogix) and device 2 (Unknown Node Type). I think you should delete Node 2. You also have various items on some screens that refer to Node 2 device that you will need to change.

OR - you can actually define a device to Node 2.

Under Application Settings / Terminal Setup / Comms Setup / you can select the Node number for the PV but you don't need to define a Network Node for it.

okay so I should delete the ML node and the node 2 on the network and just uncheck use network option, then in my tags keep everything in node 2?

According to HELP on the Communication setup screen, if you uncheck the Use Networking box, the PV will use the default Node address of 64. This isn't important as the PV needs to get / set bits and data from the PLC - the PLC doesn't usually even know the PV is out there. You still need to define a Network Node that is the PLC - you'll notice that when editing tags, there is always a Node Name field you need to select from.

No, you leave the Micrologix node. The PV has to talk to something. See picture.

This assumes that the PLC is at its default comm setting.

A_working_system_one_PLC.png

Last edited:
(y)
I was able to download the my PV 300 micro, but now Im getting a 683 file access error on it, is this because i don't have my ML1200 connected to it yet?