Electroless tin plating

rpoet

I used some electroless tin plating solution to tin plate the copper traces on a PCB that I made in a class in college, years ago. The stuff worked great... on copper. Anyone have any idea if it will plate mild steel? I have some small brackets I'd like to add a little corrosion resistance to, but can't justify having them coated at a plater.

I used this, or something similar to it:
https://www.amazon.com/MG-Chemicals...005T8PE4A/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

My inorganic chem is even rustier (pun intended) than my PCB fab skills, and I'm not sure if the chemistry would work to plate steel. I've also looked into electroless nickel plating kits, but they look like lots of work, nasty chemicals, and they're too expensive for this little project.

Thanks,

-rpoet