S7-1200 to KTP HMI Addressing

Vadagor

Hello everybody,

I will need to change IP addresses on some PLC´s and HMI´s. I found how to change the PLC addresses (s7-1200tools) and the HMI addresses (through their touch panel menú). My question is, where do I change the "PLC address" inside the HMI? Because I can imagine that, like in Schneider systems, if I change IP addresses, the HMI won´t know where to find the required information from. Any suggestion? :confused:

Cheers,

Nick.

I don't know of any way of doing this, besides in the engineer software.

I think you will likely have to use portal to change the plc IP address. Unless perhaps you can change system block parameters from a mmc, which I have no idea about. My want to inquire with siemens

If your lucky, power down the panel and power on, then there should be a load screen with three options. I think it was start, tranfer and config. hit config and you can change the IP adres. But you need to tell the PLC on what adress the panel is

I think you will likely have to use portal to change the plc IP address. Unless perhaps you can change system block parameters from a mmc, which I have no idea about. My want to inquire with siemens

Same here. Technicians on site don't have enough experience with TIA so I don't want them to mess around.

Cheers, mate!

If your lucky, power down the panel and power on, then there should be a load screen with three options. I think it was start, tranfer and config. hit config and you can change the IP adres. But you need to tell the PLC on what adress the panel is

Yes, this was my first option but, when I checked the procedure, I found how to change the HMI Panel IP address but not the host PLC IP address.
I also saw a new document (but just for KTP700) where it says how to configure this PLC IP address, but the interface looks a bit different from the old one (which is present on my site).

I will keep looking, and praying.

Thanks!!

Hi,

There is a tool called that may help you: SIMATIC Automation Tool

It allows you to change the PLC address.

Best regards,
kelkoon

Hi,

There is a tool called that may help you: SIMATIC Automation Tool

It allows you to change the PLC address.

Best regards,
kelkoon

The SAT allows you to change the PLC IP address. However, OP has already done that. What he wants to do is change the address that the HMI is configured to connect to.

I know that the HMIs have a "ChangeConnection" system function that you can add to a button, do those work with 1200's? I could have sworn that I'd used them before, but when I just tested it, the function only seemed to support S7300/400 connections.

Now I think of it, I recently did something similar, by creating a USB back-up in my office. Set up an identical screen with the correct IP info, backed it up to a USB stick and sent it to a client. He then restored the screen from the back-up.

Draw back is that you need an identical screen to do this.

Alternatively, when my techs are out and don't know what/how to do things, I often use teamviewer to do the work through their PC.

Thank you everybody for your suggestions! I think I will try what boneless mentioned about having a backup inside a USB and do the work offline.

Thanks!!!

Nick