RX3i GE write a decimal to input to set bits in binary

When you make changes in machine edition but don't download them to the PLC yet you get an inequality because whats in your PME program doesn't match whats in your PLC. That should clear up after you download. Also, depending on how the PLC is set up, you may want to check the box for "write to flash" to ensure your download takes. Sometimes the PLC is configured to boot from flash, and if you don't write to flash on download your new program will get blown away once you power cycle the PLC.

When you make changes in machine edition but don't download them to the PLC yet you get an inequality because whats in your PME program doesn't match whats in your PLC. That should clear up after you download. Also, depending on how the PLC is set up, you may want to check the box for "write to flash" to ensure your download takes. Sometimes the PLC is configured to boot from flash, and if you don't write to flash on download your new program will get blown away once you power cycle the PLC.

Yes..yes
But I think you are thinking of "Program Logic - EQUAL", not "Program Logic Source - EQUAL"

After I edited the logic with the move_word installed, it was an online edit, so it should have saved (when I "Accepted Edits"...right?), but I even did a download later in the day also (due to configuration edits).
Yes, I always "write to flash"....the pain there, is you have to stop the CPU (which shuts down everything) to write to flash. So I usually do this sparingly...bit at least when my logic is "solid".
Also.... every time I do a configuration edit that requires the CPU to be stopped I always write to flash.

Last edited:
However....I entered the move_word again to %G again and everything is equal now...
So I must have done something wrong yesterday.

What is the difference in Program Logic and Program Logic Source?

However....I entered the move_word again to %G again and everything is equal now...
So I must have done something wrong yesterday.

What is the difference in Program Logic and Program Logic Source?

When you upload...you will get "Logic Source - Not Equal".
I assume this is because the Source of the Logic was the RX3i and not ME.

After you download...now ME becomes the Source so now you get "Logic Source - Equal".

Sounds like good explanation to me..