Multiple Network Cards

Ones_Zeros

I have a computer that has 2 network cards installed.

I have to connect this computer to a VPN to access Wonderware data from another PC. After this computer connects to the VPN, for some reason I cannot connect to this computer remotely. Its like the VPN ties up the network card and then you lose the ability to remotely connect to it.

So I added a second network card to the computer. My thought was I could use this second network connection to connect remotely to the pc. I'm having trouble with this and was needing some assistance configuring the second network card.

The IP address that I'm assigning to this second network card is on the same subnet but I'm still not able to connect to this pc remotely. Is there a way to configure this card to be able to connect to it remotely?
I do appreciate the hlep

The big VPN program I can think of offhand does that out of the box. Ask your IT folks nicely if you can get a different config so it doesn't block local resource when you have a VPN tunnel open...

Thanks I will ask IT.

Another question regarding dual network cards.
This one doesn’t pertain to connecting to a vpn.

If I have a pc with dual network cards
Can I configure each with different
network addresses?

There is two different networks we’re this PC
Is located, I’d like to configure the first NIC
with the ip settings of the main network &
configure the second NIC with the other network
Settings, kinda as a back door to get into
My pc in case something goes wrong.

Can different gateways be configured
On each network card without affecting
The other?

Thanks

Disable/remove the second NIC just for now.
Your primary NIC MUST have a different subnet than the remote you are trying to connect to, else any connection attempts will stay on the local network not the VPN.
The VPN deals with the routing etc to get you there when you’re on a different subnet, that is the whole concept of it.
IT should be able to identify that.

Try disconnecting both NIC’s, tether to your mobile (assuming you have wireless & data..) then VPN & connection. That will work..
Sorry, just read it is a pc so may not have wifi. You should be able to do with a charging cable as well