CCW Installation Issue

mike3475

Good morning, Guys:
I got a issue when I installed CCW on my working PC, it stopped at the middle of the installation, it asked can't find one or more component, I tried to install many times ,every time failed. If I install it to another PC, no problem at all.
I took two screenshots .
Thanks!

CCW INSTALLATION.jpg info.jpg

Last edited:
same windows 10 and same CCW version 10.00.01.

Thats the same version I am running on W10... not sure what the issue could be, have you tried running it in a VM? or when you install try right clicking the EXE and install as a Admin (may help)

If it installed correctly on another PC, it's most likely that this PC has an outdated component, so it can't extract the file correctly. Make sure your Java and MS .NET Framework are up to date, it uses both of those extensively.

This technote mentions the same message, but refers to it happening after opening CCW, and not while installing it...

716058 - CCW Error: Cannot find one or more components. Please reinstall the application.
Access Level: Everyone

Also, in the case of the technote, it indicates that it is Microsoft Visual Studio Shell that is the component with issue. CCW installs this component. Your installation message is the same but does not display Microsoft Visual Studio Shell as the title for the message. Yours displays Connected Components Workbench, which is a little more vague. But again, your message pops up during installation and not later while opening, so perhaps this is why.

Still, I would add Microsoft Visual Studio Shell to the list of likely suspects here. You could attempt to manually reinstall Microsoft Visual Studio Shell from the CCW installation package, as instructed in the technote. Then attempt to install CCW again.

Another tip - Whenever you run into what appears to be external or third party software issues to the core software you are installing, then a perusal of the Windows Event Viewer is always a good place to start. It may have entries of interest...

Press: Windows+R (open Run dialog)
Enter: eventvwr
Press: Enter

Regards,
George

your reply remained me that I deleted many components such as VS by mistake , then I checked CCW installation requirement, i am sure I deleted some components which were required.
i will post the reinstallation result.
Thanks!

your reply remained me that I deleted many components such as VS by mistake , then I checked CCW installation requirement, i am sure I deleted some components which were required.
i will post the reinstallation result.
Thanks!

I just experienced the same problem on a Windows 10 based VM. I had disabled the VM from updating and the CCW installation failed on "microsoft visual studio 2013 shell". The solution that fixed the process was to allow the VM to update Windows 10 with the latest updates and re-launch the installation. Everything worked as expected.