Texas Instruments Series 305/Siemens question

Johnny T

As Penelope Pitstop would say... HeeeeeeelllLLLLPPP!!!

I was given the job of replacing a Texas Instruments Series 305 PLC with a Siemens S312 series PLC.

So far... So good...

The Texas rack is as follows (from left to right):
24VDC Input card (8 inputs)
24VDC Output card (16 outputs)
Fast Response 305-01H card which has the following labels next to the LED's:
0 X4
1 S5
2 X6
3 S7
24VDC Input card (16 inputs)

I installed the Siemens modules and powered up but then discovered (to my horror) that it appears that the Texas Instruments modules are switching 0 volts and so the Inputs are getting 0 Volts instead of 24 !

So.. I've ordered two of the appropriate input modules from Siemens. I've also swapped the output card for a Relay Output card and wired it so it will switch 0 Volts.

My question is this:
Does anyone know how the Fast Response card works / what it does etc, or can anyone point me in the direction of any info on it.

Also, I've looked at the modules and there is nothing on them to indicate that the inputs are expecting 0 Volts. Is there any way to tell in the future whether a module is PNP or NPN ??

I'm back on site tomorrow so would appreciate a speedy response to this one...

I've also got a software question but will start a new topic with that one...

A big thanks (as ever) for any light you can shed on this...

Cheers

JT