CP01R-04 Configuration Mode & Designer 6 'Communication Error'

eckert16

We've purchased the Designer 6, loaded it onto the laptop, connected the provided cable between the laptop and the UniOp, and get 'communication error' while attempting to read the HMI data.

We've determined that the UniOp is not in 'Configuration Mode', however, the UniOp will not permit selection of CNFG (configuration)... it appears to be locked out. Is there a way to force the UniOp into 'Configuration Mode' besides holding the ENTER key for more than two seconds (which is only allowing selection of a few items...one not being Configuration)? We've held the ENTER button down for more than two seconds, and it does not permit use to select configuration.

The UniOp also has the only copy of the program we are attempting to download to Designer 6, so we can determine the passwords in the UniOp program. We'd like to force the UniOp into Configuration Mode in order to permit Designer 6 to download the HMI program from the UniOp, and onto our laptop.

Been following the directions from the Designer 6 manual. The UniOp won't 'arrow over' to the 'cfg' to permit us to select it.

cfg.jpg

Last edited:
From Yaskawa, I found another manual with further instructions I'm hoping to try tonight.

Troubleshooting
If the operator panel cannot be switched to Configuration Mode due to problems in the start-up phase, follow the steps below:
1. Switch off the unit.
2. Press and hold any 3 keys.
3. Turn on the unit and continue holding the 3 keys until Configuration Mode is
shown on the screen.
For keyless models such as the ETOP-10, ETOP-11, ETOP-12, ETOP-30, follow the steps below:
1. Switch off the unit.
2. Touch anywhere in the middle of the left side of the display screen.
3. Switch on the operator panel and tap anywhere in the middle of the right side
of the display screen for approximately one second.
4. Continue until the screen shows the Configuration Mode.

tbl.jpg

That did work to get it into configuration mode (disconnect power, 3 button hold, reconnect power). Using this forced process did not erase the UniOp contents.

Next step is to Upload from the UniOp to the Designer 6 program.

However: on upload, the Designer 6 program identifies a Protection Mode :confused:
I thought we'd be able to Upload from the UniOp directly into the Designer 6 program....

Any ideas on how to get the program stored in the UniOp Uploaded into Designer 6?
We do not have a password (which is why we've gone thru all these stages), as the company that made the equipment went out of business over 10 years ago.

UploadProtection.jpg

Thank you, I just tried the series of 1's, and that did not permit the upload to occur. This HMI is on a car wash, Futura, by Specialty Equipment Company.

I appreciate the numbers, I've also tried other 'numbers' from the manuals that didn't work either, such as:
Model SFRP-3600
Serial 1860
Order 38847
Model C530
Model P01000F
SSA-0100C-Mill Drive
Serial 1697
Model E-546
CAT-3535
3B56Q
3TB-124
BX-68
H709
2G56C
Foam Wax: 2988
Spot Free: 9907
PLC: U1.0R1
Level 1 user 1613
Level 2 manager 1450
Level 3 service 1757

Attempting to get a password on a 18 y/o piece of equipment when the mfg went out of business 10 yrs ago can be a struggle. ;)

Designer 6 shows the 'Upload Protection' in the UniOp HMI is active, and prevents getting the program from the UniOP into Designer 6. On HMI inspection, it seems the program is stored in the AM29F010-70PC CMOS chip.

I bought a spare UniOP to see if I can figure out an alternative means to get the Upload Protection password...am considering putting an 'Upload Protection' dummy HMI program into the spare UniOP, then pulling and dumping the ROM chip data, then scrolling thru the data to determine the location of the 'Upload Protection' password in memory. Then I'll try it again once or twice more, before going to the live UniOP on a rainy day.

chip.jpg spare.jpg

Last edited: