Factorytalk View SE memory tag to PLC tag

Udunit

Lifetime Supporting Member
Is there a way in Factorytalk View SE to transfer a memory tag to a PLC device tag? I have a VBS using a memory tag that I need in my PLC and had much trouble with the VBA and don't want to kick at that hornets nest again!

Could you share how you were able to achieve this. I've tried using the derived tag way but I'm not sure I have the proper syntax.

Yes derived tags are the way to go, I have two OPC servers attached to my FTview SE server and that was the only way to pass data from OPC1(clarinet from videojet) to PLC tags under rslinx enterprise.

Last edited:
Everything was done in FactoryTalk View. First thing I did was create a derived tag file in Logic and Control (see attachment first). Second I created the derived tag name and used the tag in the VBA (see attachment second). The tag name for my purpose was [Lesaffre Flour]TempRecipeName and the tag in the VBA is TempRecipeName. Finally is enabled the VBA in the sever (see attachment third). This worked for what I needed to do. Hope it helps!

Finally is enabled the VBA in the sever (see attachment third).

Sorry, that was supposed to say enable the derived tag, not VBA, but whats a post from a Canadian without a good ole "sorry" in it! :ROFLMAO: