Help me read file .LAD

He posted the same file in this old thread he resurrected. I expect that he simply changed the file extension from .lad to .txt due to the limited number of file extensions the forum allows you to attach.
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=54261
Logicmaster Six would not open it when I changed the file extension back to .lad. If the OP did something different I expect he'll let us know some time overnight.

Last edited:
Seems like this file should be PMC1.lad or PMC1.000 which is the way it would come out of the machine.
Open with fanuc ladder III. I can try tomorrow at work if it's not done by then. Although now it may be corrupt anyways.

Please tell us what PLC the file is supposed to be for. You originally posted the file in a thread related to a Series Six PLC. For that, you need Logicmaster Six (which I have) to open it. If the original file extension is .lad, it could also be for a Series One, Series Five, or even a Series Three.

If it is a PMC program for a Fanuc CNC controller then you need Fanuc ladder which I don't have. Good catch there, Bill4807. I didn't make the connection between the PMC1 name and the CNC controllers. I put the blinders on when I saw the .lad reference.

Last edited:
Steve,

Yes I am familiar with that. Not to familiar with the GE stuff though.
Phonghuynh,
I totally forgot to try this file today, I was bombard with just putting out fires. I will try tomorrow.