1769-IF8/A Analog Card

waterbottle

Can a analog card properties settings such as RTS and filter frequency can be changed with CPU in run mode without causing errors or issues? Contrologix plc

Last edited:
The manual is unclear on this. 1756-UM009D Appendix B.
There are a few examples, but only for changing scaling parameters and there is a warning about trying to reconfigure anything other than those.

IMPORTANT Limit reconfiguring analog modules via ladder logic should be limited to
functions that involve only the changing of values. We do not
recommend that enabling or disabling features be done via ladder logic.
Use RSLogix 5000 software to enable or disable these features.

Table 44 - Permissible Analog Input Module Parameters to Change Via Ladder Logic
Feature Restriction
High engineering value Must not be equal to low engineering value
Low engineering value Must not be equal to high engineering value
High-high alarm value Must be greater than or equal to high alarm value
High alarm value Must be greater than low alarm value
Low alarm value Must be less than high alarm value
Low-low alarm value Must be less than or equal to low alarm value
Deadband Must be less than half of high alarm minus low alarm
Table 45 - Permissible Analog Output Module Parameters to Change Via Ladder Logic
Feature Restriction
High clamp value(1)
(1) The values for user-defined state at Fault or Program (set during initial configuration) must fall within the range of the High and
Low clamp values.
Must be greater than low clamp value
Low clamp value(1) Must be less than high clamp value