Changing Font Size via Scripting in Ignition SCADA

Sham

Hi all,

I want to change the font size of text in a template(there will be a button in the template), essentially by binding it to a custom property (Boolean type). Where can I script it? and how?

So in short, its changing the font size of text in a button, via scripting, based on value of the custom property.

Thanks

Hi all,

I want to change the font size of text in a template(there will be a button in the template), essentially by binding it to a custom property (Boolean type). Where can I script it? and how?

So in short, its changing the font size of text in a button, via scripting, based on value of the custom property.

Thanks

Font isn't bindable, maybe possible via script. Why would you want, or need to change the font??

Font isn't bindable, maybe possible via script. Why would you want, or need to change the font??

Yep, trying to write a script.

Font=event.source.font
if (1==1):
Font=(Dialog,Bold,15)
else:
event.source.font=12

Just missing some syntax. Need variable font for some different text messages of different lengths that need to be displayed on HMI.

I can't help you, but have you tried the ignition forum? That's pretty helpful as the pros and developers check there often.

Also, if you haven't tried calling their tech support- it's free if you're an integrator.

This task would be much easier using the component's style customizer. Select the custom property and the driving property, and select what style properties you would like to change.