Rockwell Factory Talk View tag purge

kirk

Lifetime Supporting Member
In Rockwell Software, Factory Talk View ME, is there a way to purge the tags that are not in use anywhere within the screens of program?

As far as that goes, I have Micrologix 1400 program that has tons of tags that are not in use in the current program, can you purge RSLogix 500 of tags that don't occur anywhere in any logic?

The program is so cluttered it drives me nuts.

He's after a way to do it in FactoryTalk View ME, not RSLogix :)

I've never found a way to do it, and I'd be interested to find out too...the only way I can think of - which is ugly, and pretty much brute force is to export all your tags, then delete the whole lot. Then test your application, visit all the screens, press all the buttons and view the diagnostics log. For every tag that IS used, you'll get an error message. Mark them down as used in your excel file, reimport those ones and repeat until you have no more errors.

Like I said. Ugly, brute force ;) hopefully someone else has a better idea!