ET200S family heavy duty

Kataeb

Kindly, are the ET200S family parts heavy duty? Do they endure vibrations on machines, like cnc ones? And accept several disassembly then reassembly for troubleshooting purposes?
Because some of our customers gave us a feedback that they sometimes malfunction after years of operation.
Same questions for the ET200SP family.

https://w3.siemens.com/mcms/distributed-io/en/ip20-systems/et200s/pages/default.aspx?HTTPS=REDIR

https://mall.industry.siemens.com/mall/en/ww/catalog/products/5000574?tree=CatalogTree

Kindly, are the ET200S family parts heavy duty? Do they endure vibrations on machines, like cnc ones? And accept several disassembly then reassembly for troubleshooting purposes?
Because some of our customers gave us a feedback that they sometimes malfunction after years of operation.

It depends on the environment. If you have harsh conditions you should go for the Siplus version. Almost all cpu's and IO's comes in a Siplus version.
Look at the datasheet for the exact specifications regarding vibration and temperature for the standard IO and the Siplus version. I have experienced that vibrations can cause back-plane failure on ET200s nodes after some years. Dissembling and cleaning usually fixes the problems

Everything malfunctions after years in operation... the question is whether it is 2 years or 20 years and what the expectation is, particularly when the term of comparison is so large that it has to sit in a nice room without any of vibrations or disassembly for troubleshooting purposes.

I've been using them for a while now and haven't had any feedback of any trouble after commissioning though when you say vibration, that's pretty subjective. Siemens may have a specification for it, have you asked your local Siemens representative?

On the older ET200S and the newer ET200SP, the modules can definitely be inserted and removed many times. The SIPLUS versions give you better environmental ratings and conformal coatings, but I'm not sure how they help on vibration. As others have said, you'd have to check the spec sheets to see what Siemens tests.

At the least, I haven't seen major issues, and I've seen them used in plenty of CNCs. But as jstolaruk said, vibration is relative. There is a big difference between being mounted in a panel at one end of a machine vs being on a tool in the machine.

I will say, though, in my experience the newer SP modules don't seat quite as well as the older S modules did. Racks of SP usually look a bit uneven even when modules are double checked as snapped in all the way and functional. Not sure if that affects vibration performance or not.

If you want HEAVY DUTY Siemens IO, you can probably drive a truck over the IP65 ET200PRO. That's probably an exaggeration, but I'm honestly not sure.