SMC-3 Wiring for Delta

agdacanay77

Hi To All,

Please can you guide me the correct wiring for the SMC-3 Delta with 12 leads Motor on delta run. We received an SMC-3 soft starter with six output, i got confused on power wiring.

Attached a file for the reference.

Thank you

SMC3.jpg

Hi To All,

Please can you guide me the correct wiring for the SMC-3 Delta with 12 leads Motor on delta run. We received an SMC-3 soft starter with six output, i got confused on power wiring.

Attached a file for the reference.

Thank you
How many wires are you running from the starter to the motor? If it’s just three as in that drawing, then just ignore the other three terminals on the starter. Those are only there for when people (usually OEMs who will spend as little as possible) want to buy a starter that is 58% of the motor rating and take advantage of the 12 leads in the motor by running 6 conductors and separate the windings, placing the soft starter in SERIES with the windings instead of in parallel with them. It adds risk of failure and makes replacement more difficult, so it never benefits an end user.

Hi Sir/s:

Thank you for all the response.

@ SaltGeorge thank you for the wiring you have provided.

@ Sir Jraef, the existing one is six wire going to the motor from the starter, its wye delta connection. I would go for the 3 wires which is Line Connection.

Thanks you Sir for your valuable time.