Power Flex 755 VFD

jarvism

A little background at my complex we run power flex 755 VFD's 480V most of them are 361 Amp. They are etherneted to a controller the VFD has a static IP. Also running ver. 7.002 in it. The Controller is a L61 Allen Bradley version 19 We use them to run belt drives. I ran into a problem yesterday, This drive started giving a drive fault code of 13037 which is Net I/O Timeout. I havent ran into this before and the internet isn't giving much help on this issue. was wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

Fault codes on these drives start with the DPI interface number; DPI Port 13 is the PowerFlex 755 built-in EtherNet/IP port.

The common codes associated with EtherNet/IP control connections are in the PowerFlex 755 Programming Manual, and in the RA Knowledgebase article ID # 511419 (Access Level: Everyone).

Fault code 13 037 is an ordinary timeout, so it indicates that there's a network problem between the ControlLogix and the drive. It could be a bad cable, or a problem with a switch port.

If you have managed switches, take a look at the port statistics for the switch port that connects to the drive. The PowerFlex 755 itself has statistics (you should be able to get to them through RSLogix 5000's drive profile) for the Ethernet port as well. Bad connections or noise are going to show up as checksum or MAC errors.