RSLogix 5000 v16 Can't Edit in Grace Period

recondaddy

I have never seen this, before.

We have one particular machine running v16. If RSLogix 5000 is running in the grace period, it will not allow me to make any edits, whatsoever, offline or online, until it checks out an activation.

I have looked through every setting and option, but I can find nothing that enables this "functionality."

Has anyone else seen this, and if so, how the hell do I change it?

Thanks!

I just looked at the About screen and discovered that this program is showing "Service Edition."

We only have Professional Edition licenses. Why would THIS application come up as Service Edition in the grace period, when every other program in the house opens up as Professional Edition?

The only thing I can think of, The software was provided with a Serial number that doesn't match your licenses. So it defaults to service edition when it can't talk to the license server?

That was my first thought, but the weird thing about it is that v16 was installed along with multiple other versions (10 thru 17), at the same time, and all were provided with one serial number.

Just to confirm, I opened up a program developed in v17, and it opened in Professional Edition while under the grace period.

I'm stumped.

The service edition allows you to look at the files, offline or online.
You cannot do edits.
We have several copies for maintenance because they are now well versed
in logix 5000 programming and we don't want to take a chance on the code being modified by someone unfamiliar with the programming.

james

Other versions open properly. But v16 is coming up in Grace Mode, and that Grace Mode is kicking him back to Service Edition.

I've run into weird issues with v16 also. Even though I had a license it would open in Grace mode. Other versions opened properly without issue. I think we updated to a newer revision of v16 and it cleared up.

If I recall, I would open v16 and it would pop up a Grace Mode message. Then I would open v17 and it would pop up a message that it was successfully activated. Then I would open v16 again and I was back in Grace Mode with a fresh timer. Opening v17 I would get the same message about it being successfully activated. Rinse, lather, repeat.

It did go away, and I suspect it was when we updated to the newest v16 rev.

OG