DeviceNet ABB Drive

RedwingRazor

I have an ABB ACS355 drive that is using an FDNA-01 DeviceNet adapter. I have it wired in the the network but have no idea how to connect to it. I am pretty well versed with DeviceNet, but there are no dip switches, dials or anything to set a node number. I have never used one of these before and the documentation really is not very helpful. Any ideas out there? Thank you in advance

On the VFD's HIM navigate to Parameters and set them as such:

P9802 = 4 (EXT FBA)
P5101 = DEVICE NET
P5102 = The Intended DNet Node Number of the newly added device; this needs to be unique!
P5103 = This is the current comms baudrate on the bus; a setting of '0' represents 125 kbps which is usually what DNet runs on.

I'd leave the rest of the comms adapter settings at default values.

Obviously the new node number and its data 'footprint' (minimum 4 bytes IN and 4 bytes OUT) will need to be entered into the DNet Scanner's Scanlist which will need to be downloaded to both the Scanner and the Controller. You do need RSNetworx for DNet to accomplish the last task.

dmargineau, everything worked except P5101. What showed up in that space was 0025h. didn't know where to proceed from there. We made progress, but the node number did not change. I'm guess because we never really told the drive it was devicenet

dmargineau, I wanted to thank you again for your help yesterday. I was hoping to ask one more question. We have set all but one of the parameters according to our standard. The one we are having issues with is P5501. I believe that determines the number of output bytes being used. WE have tried to set it to 4 but it will not accept it. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

P5501 represents the bus commanded 'Acceleration time 2'. The default value for 355s is 2205 (P2205 of the ACS355)

See EN_FDNA_01_UM_G_A4 User Manual/ Page Start-up 49

The exchanged data packet size is determined by the chosen 'Drive Profile'.
Presuming you are using the 'ODVA' profile, P5106 setting establishes the Output Instance identifier and P5108 establishes the Input instance one.

For the 'minimum' required interface 'Basic speed control assembly' (2 Words Write + 2 Words Read= 8 Bytes) P5106 should be set at '20' and P5108 should be set at '70'.

For ' minimum' 'Extended speed control assembly' P5106= 21 and P5108=71

For 6 OUTs and 6 INs (24 Bytes) P5106=22/23 and P5108=72/73

...and so on.

It's all in the manual under the 'Assembly objects' bookmark.

Again, this needs to satisfy your application's needs and configured identically within the VFD, DNet Scanlist and PLC controller interface.

Last edited: