Rx3i Profinet MRP

plumbo

We are trying to configure redundant RX3I system with profinet ring (MRP). We have two PNS racks.

We were able to set the device names for the PNS's.

The issue is one of the scanner racks becomes inactive when the secondary is the active controller. The other rack looks to remain connected.

We updated firmware for the PNCs. Loaded the GSDML for the PNS's. At a loss, we're waiting for GE support but..doesn't seem like they have much experience with these cards.

Any leads would be much appreciated.

I support a redundant system that uses a bunch VersaMax drops rather than PNS racks, but that's the only difference. If your company will permit it, post a copy of your project file. I'll take a look at it to see if I can spot anything.
If your company objects to public posting you can email it to me at stephen dot bailey2 at Verizon dot net.

Well, it turns out our issue may be a bug according to GE. The PNS001 seems to only support 10 modules other than itself. We're waiting on a test with a 16-slot backplane.