Need help with delay

hussong1555

My company uses easy512ac-rc PLCs for QA testing of our products. I am working an a project called tandem and as you would geuss it runs two motors at the same time. we are doing some risk analysis and want to know the risk of the motors starting at slightly different times so I need to modify the ladder of the program to include a delay the one of the outputs (1 second would be ideal). The current ladder looks like this:

I01----------TT01
T01----------[Q01
T01----------{Q03
I02----------TT02
T02----------[Q02
T02----------[Q04

I01 is open trigger, and I02 is close trigger
Q01 & Q02 is motor A, and Q03 & Q04 is motor B.

I need motor B to trigger later.

Can anyone help?

prog14.gif

param-t.gif

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Figure 19[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Timers: Shown here is a simple on-delay timer circuit and parameter display.Input I1 activates the TT1 timer "trigger" coil, and the time count begins.
Input I2 activates the "reset" timer coil which will rest the time count back down to zero, if desired.
When the preset time is elapsed, then timer contact T1 will activate output relay Q1
The "X" in the upper-left corner of the parameter display indicates the type of timer, in this case "on-delay". The "S" indicates the time-units, in this case "Seconds". The number at the top (01.14) indicates the timer has been running 1.14 seconds, and the number below it (07.00) is the preset time. When the preset time is reached then the timer switches.
Here are the various types of timers with their parameter symbols:
On-Delay, "X,": When the TT1 "trigger" coil is activated, the time count begins and the timer's contacts close when the preset time is reached and then remain closed until power is removed from the trigger coil TT1. A momentary activation of the reset coil RT1 will stop the timer dead and the elapsed time will remain at zero. After the reset coil RT1 is deactivated, the timer remains dead until the trigger coil TT1 is momentarily deactivated and then reactivated.
Off-Delay, "
off.gif
": When the TT1 "trigger" coil is activated, the timer's contacts switch on immediately. When the trigger coil TT1 is deactivated then the time count begins and when the time reaches the preset then the timer's contacts switch off. If the trigger coil is reactivated while the time is running, the time resets to zero and the time count starts again when the trigger is deactivated again. A momentary activation of the reset coil RT1 will stop the timer. An obvious application for this would be a "minimum-run" function perhaps for a pumping system, or perhaps to have a cooling fan continue running after a motor has stopped.
Single-Pulse, "
ohm.gif
": A single-pulse timer is the same as an off-delay timer except that the trigger coil TT1 need not remain activated for the time count to proceed. A momentary pulse to the TT1 coil will cause the time to start running, and the contacts switch on immediately, then switch off after the time is elapsed. The time count begins the moment the coil is activated, even if the coil remains activated. Another pulse to the TT1 coil while the time is already running will restart the time count and continue running. A momentary activation of the reset coil RT1 will stop the timer.
Flasher, "
upi.gif
": The flasher timer is like the "turn signal" relay on your automobile, it blinks on and off while the trigger coil TT1 is activated. The timer can be stopped by activating the reset coil RT1, however it will resume blinking if the reset coil is deactivated. One obvious application for this would be a to control a flashing warning light.
Random On-Delay, "?X": This is identical to the normal on-delay "X" function except that the time will be a random number between zero and the preset time.
Random Off-Delay, "?
off.gif
": This is identical to the normal off-delay "
off.gif
" function except that the time will be a random number between zero and the preset time.
[/FONT]
it is not very reliable this method but it works.