upgrade Citect 6.1 to Citect latest version

phongnhatdo

hello everybody.
i have a system Scada use by Citect 6.1. Now, I want to upgrade soft to version latest 7.2. So, I need to support from you.
my question.
1. What requirement PC for the Citect 7.2?
2. Can be move license from old PC to PC new? how to do?
3. Can use license of Citect 6.1 for Citect 7.2?

Thanks you.

Last edited:

Just a pretty good machine - suggest Windows 7 Professional 32 bit - Home Edition is useless. I do not think it runs on Windows 8 yet.

There should be a parallel port dongle - that is the licence. You will also need to install the latest Sentinel driver.

No - you will have to pay the maintenance to upgrade - if maintenance has not been kept up to date I think it will cost you 3 years of maintenance and the fee for the next 12 months - they call it Gold Support. Contact your distributor. I buy direct from Schneider.

I do not believe V6.1 will run on Windows 7 either - too many issues. It is very old and may run on XP Pro - not sure. Contact your distributor.

The latest version is V7.3. There is already a service pack out for it.

V7.4 is in Beta testing at the moment by customers and Systems Integrators.

V7.3 has a really nice tab style available that runs @ WUXGA too - using it on a job at the moment. V7.3 is so much better than the older versions it is not funny.

V7.3 has a really nice tab style available that runs @ WUXGA too - using it on a job at the moment. V7.3 is so much better than the older versions it is not funny
Agreed
Bob - have you tried/seen the new equipment format for grouping/building tags.

I have seen it Geoff but do not have a use for it at the moment.

Currently working at Tidbinbilla (Canberra Deep Space Tracking Centre) and will probably be there on and off over the next 3-5 years - massive project overall. Just the generators at the moment but a whole pile of new high voltage going in and masses of power monitors on Modbus TCP.

Currently into 11 PLCs and growing. One PLC is s redundant power supply/processor type with true hot standby function - a changeover unit monitors the processors and power supplies and switches between them as required - no latency as with a dual PLC system with an output from one inhibiting the other. That is not true hot changeover. Heap of remote I/O and whacks of Modbus RTU comms to the Caterpillar generators, Woodward easYgen generator controllers, Multilin SR489 generator protection relays and just about to set up Profibus DP from the master PLC to a Siemens S7-300 that controls the motor/generator set. 2400VAC @ 50hz coming in and 2400VAC @ 60hz coming out. It is quite a large Shinko unit.

The end client is NASA and everything is 60hz. Additionally they use a high resistance earthing system world wide and there is no neutral - if you want 240VAC you have to use a 2 phase transformer from the 480VAC bus. @ 60hz of course. A bit different.

I am going to have a look at the feature and if any use I will suggest my client utilise it.

By the way, I have set the WUXGA resolution to go to full screen on a Dell 30" monitor - it is running @ 2550 x 1600 resolution. I reckon they are the best large monitor I have seen. I have 2 of them on my office computer - ruddy marvelous for CAD. Quite often have CAD open, PLC software, touch screen software, SCADA software, Word, Excel, graphics manipulation software, Publisher (documentation) - the 2 big high res monitors are a godsend.

Last edited:
If there are heaps of power monitors, these alone would justify using the feature. You don't need to put everything in as equipment. You just build a template for a device (eg a power meter) then the template defines all the associated tags, alarms and trends. Then just add that item to the equipment database and then everything is created for you. If you need to modify the template then you just rebuild the equipment database and Citect handles updating all the tags, alarms trends.
Just finished a project (a chemical processing plant) using this feature for all the motors, valves, tanks, etc and certainly made the job much easier. Did take some time to build the templates but once done - really powerful. I see in 7.4 they have an editor for the equipment templates.

Thanks Geoff - will investigate.

Yes it is interesting - 2 power stations - each with 4 generators - on station @ 480VAC @ 60hz - the other 2400VAC @ 60hz - transformers between. Peak lopping, power fail routine, soft transfer on and off mains (read the motor generator set) - lots more. A lot of additions over the next few years too - whole lot of new HV gear going in too.

Tidbinbilla has the largest dish in the southern hemisphere - 70 metres across. Many other dishes too and more going in. NASA has 3 of these sites world wide - Tidbinbilla, Spain and US. They use the dishes in a triangular fashion sometimes too.

Tidbinbilla was involved in landing man on the moon and Mars explorer projects too. The large dish was just stripped an repainted in a few days by a painting crew from South Australia.

When something is happening they often just transfer off mains onto generator power as it is more reliable and controllable. Flick of a switch and it all happens. Flick the switch back and the whole place is back on mains in under 30 seconds - seamlessly.

Love these jobs - have automated base load power stations and many other interesting jobs over the years - and people wonder why I do not want to retire! Having too much fun and would be bored senseless in retirement. 69 now and leaving the younger guys for dead! That in itself is a lot of fun.

hello everybody.
i have a system Scada use by Citect 6.1. Now, I want to upgrade soft to version latest 7.2. So, I need to support from you.
my question.

Thanks you.

hi wanna to ask you... now i also facing the same problem with you, existing system is using citect 6.1, can i use the old version citect 6.1 backup files to run it on the Citect latest version?

hi wanna to ask you... now i also facing the same problem with you, existing system is using citect 6.1, can i use the old version citect 6.1 backup files to run it on the Citect latest version?

Yes, with work.

Also best to start a new topic rather than replying to a 3 year old one.

...Bro. Thanks you very much~ :geek:

The best way of doing this is to set-up the version you want to use on a test system or VM and import the old project, there will be lots of deprecated functions and you will need to take care of the clustering functions but in essence it will work with a bit of planning and configuration.

Citect vr.6.10 to ver 7.4

The best way of doing this is to set-up the version you want to use on a test system or VM and import the old project, there will be lots of deprecated functions and you will need to take care of the clustering functions but in essence it will work with a bit of planning and configuration.

Hi Bro

I might need your help on this, I'm currently using the CItect Ver7.4 with Window OS: Window 7 prof. I can open the backup files ver6.1 at the Citect Ver7.4, but when i compile it, 4 error is come out and i really no idea how to fix it. Besides that, i just notice the PSDirect configuration file (.SIX) which i think is something like OPC to communicated with the Siemens S7-300 PLc. i have no idea on it, and i just newbie on the citect software. What should i do?

Last edited:
Hi Bro

I might need your help on this, I'm currently using the CItect Ver7.4 with Window OS: Window 7 prof. I can open the backup files ver6.1 at the Citect Ver7.4, but when i compile it, 4 error is come out and i really no idea how to fix it. Besides that, i just notice the PSDirect configuration file (.SIX) which i think is something like OPC to communicated with the Siemens S7-300 PLc. i have no idea on it, and i just newbie on the citect software. What should i do?

I was going to ask you what sort of errors you are getting but at a guess they are probably something like errors to do with the lack of clusters and other features introduced between 6.1 to 7.4.

Chances are your 4 errors should be pretty easy to fix, but the problem is fixing them will probably create another 500 compile errors that you will have to look at.

As a start, follow this general guide for upgrading to 7.2, which is still quite applicable to your situation even if it's not completely updated for 7.4:

http://proscada.ru/citectscada.en/upgrading_to_citectscadavijeo_citect_v7.0.html

citech migrate error

I was going to ask you what sort of errors you are getting but at a guess they are probably something like errors to do with the lack of clusters and other features introduced between 6.1 to 7.4.

Chances are your 4 errors should be pretty easy to fix, but the problem is fixing them will probably create another 500 compile errors that you will have to look at.

As a start, follow this general guide for upgrading to 7.2, which is still quite applicable to your situation even if it's not completely updated for 7.4:

http://proscada.ru/citectscada.en/upgrading_to_citectscadavijeo_citect_v7.0.html

Hi

attach is some of the Error that i no idea how to solve it, might need you.:cry:

error_1.png error_2.png error_3.png error_31.png

Citect vr.6.10 to ver 7.4

Hi

attach is some of the Error that i no idea how to solve it, might need you.:cry:
hi. some of the error i already fix it, but have feel error might need you all help. kindly see the attachment for the error that i mean it.🤞🏻

error_1.jpg ERROR_11.png error_2.jpg Error_21.jpg error_3.jpg