Logix 5000 For Air/Fuel Curves

I am about to be upgrading several compressor engines to Logix 5000 and I am looking for the best, proven, ways to program in the various curves. I believe that this can best be accomplished using a lookup table function, but I have not personally done that before.

Any advice?

Thanks!

What is your desired accuracy?

If they are smooth, I would suggest a Chebyshev approach, converted to a polynomial.

What is the coding environment e.g. ST? Ladder?

Does it look like the plot on page 18 here: https://www.osti.gov/servlets/purl/841083? Or the plot on page 10?

Maybe a better question is, what are you measuring, and what are you controlling?

It looks very much like that curve. And the formulas contained in that paper are exactly what i am looking for.

So, we are controlling engine ignition timing according to the air/fuel curve, exhaust manifold temp curves, etc. There are around 4 curves that are used. They work on a low signal select control scheme. So, basically I am looking for any way to program a curve into the PLC and have it produce an result that can be scaled and output.