Flex IO 1794-IE8H/B HART

Ahoogeterp

This is going to be long winded just because i am going to try and provide as much info as possible.

Over the last month i have had the opportunity to work with this HART card but i am running in to some Questions/Road blocks that i need worked out.

I have combed the Allen Bradly knowledge base pages and talked with some techs but still questions.

This is a fresh set up so there is no pre-existing programming form a "A series" replacement and it is being worked with on a test bench so downloads are no issue. (because in order for changes to take effect you have to be offline and download for it to stay 🔨 ) I also did set up the card properly when creating the IO tree in RS logix 5000 so it is set for Analog data and HART PV so i have everything the card can give me for pre-determined controller tags.

Because i am not really familiar with HART, this is where my knowledge is lacking.

This card has values that are pre written in it so that way you can easily retrive the 4 variable.

PV
SV
TV and FV

Now because of the card set up they automatically are in the controller tags if i am reading correctly this would have been sent as a Command #3 (function: read current and 4 (Predefined) dynamic variables) "as stated up there^"

this is the only command that is preset in the controller tags ie. FLex:0:I2.Ch0HART.PV
FLex:0:I2.Ch0HART.SV
FLex:0:I2.Ch0HART.TV
FLex:0:I2.Ch0HART.FV

and the like for each input.

but there are more commands then just #3. im sure anyone that is familiar with HART even knows this but like i said. I am still learning this.
I am just wanting to work with the Uni Commands so for humor sake that would be commands 0-19 and 48. Since this is the first hart card i have worked with, the programming from the "A series" card is like looking at calligraphy to me. i see it and can read it but cant make sense of it and i do have a sample program for the whole overlay message stuff that i pulled from the knowledge base on AB.
So for simplicity sake. how in the world would i be able to send a simple command #48

Also for anyone that has worked with the "A Series" card, The controller tags pre set on the card are very minimal.

Any info you guys have would be greatly appreciated

System set up
PLC info
1756-L62
1756-ENBT
to
Flex
1794-AENT
1794-IE8H/B