iFix 5.9 Animation with Multiple Conditions

Dood

Hi,

I'm a bit new to iFix and come from a FactoryTalk SE background. I'm looking to make a rectangle flash if any of 5 digital alarms goes into an alarm state. In FTSE it would be a very easy IF X OR Y OR Z, THEN Blink etc. But it seems in iFix I can only include one tag on the data source.

I know I could stack a bunch of rectangles, each tied to one alarm - but I'd prefer not to.

Anyone know of a good way to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Ok scratch that, you can INDEED just stick an "OR" statement right there in the data source. Just took a few times to find the right syntax.

Yea, iFix is finicky about spaces and parens too. Also note that if you use raw formatting on a datalink, format it how you like, then copy that datalink and change the tagname, the raw formatting goes away.
That is unless you right click it and use the advanced animations to change it, then it doesnt. iFix is full of that kind of inconsistent ****.
The VB script is faster than the database response too so if you write then read you will likely not get what you just wrote. I could go on and on...