You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old January 18th, 2018, 01:23 PM   #1
Rebell81
Canada

Tech Han anybody experience in Beckhoff TwinCat 3 PLC programing?

I started working with a KUKA robot that has an Beckhoff plc running in the background. Would need some help with the ST code there
Old January 18th, 2018, 06:28 PM   #2
deisengard
United States

I'm working with the same sort of setup. Don't have much experience with ST, but I would suggest checking out the following, which were helpful to me:

TwinCAT 3 Tutorial
ST on TwinCAT 3 Video Tutorial (multiple episodes)
ST Tutorial

It's hard to find good intro materials, but still worth googling. For additional help check out Robot Forum.
Old February 5th, 2018, 12:34 PM   #3
RocketTester
United States

I would start on KUKA's site since your questions would be specific to it, while ST is general and the same for all PLC vendors (IEC 61131-3 standard).

Does the KUKA code employ Beckhoff's Numerical Control option? If so, you will see things under the "NC" heading in the Project Tree (within Visual Studio). The NC implementation is specific to Beckhoff and comes in ~3 varieties, I think the lowest level being a basic G-code interpreter for 3-axes.
Old February 6th, 2018, 12:19 AM   #4
CommissioningMan
Denmark

I do Beckhoff NC all day everyday. Tc2 and Tc3, ST only. What do you wanna know?
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum