Remote access through CP343-1 Lean

orense

Hello,

We are planning on installing remote access on a site. This is to connect to the Siemens PLC through VPN. At the present moment we are using a 315-2 DP with a 343-1 Lean card in the rack. By connecting my laptop to the Lean card, I am able to monitor the cpu.
We are considering changing the cpu to a 315-2 PN/DP, that is the cpu we are using on other sites with remote access.

Does anybody know if there are any significant differences with connecting through a Lean card, or connecting directly into a PN cpu ?

Since the plant is quite remote, I do not want to end up with some kind of compatibility problem because I assumed something...

Thanks for any info guys :)

Andreas

No, there is no big difference between a PN CPU and a CP343-1 LEAN card in this respect.
What is important is that the PN port or CP343-1 is setup with the IP address of he router that is used to connect to the LAN/WAN.

You can do your own test at home before shipping away to a remote location.