rsview32

alexmuchui

I am running RSview32 scada and RSlink pro and SLC 500 PLC. when i configure a start button using PLC internal bit B3:1/0 , stop button B3:1/1 and and output as B3:1/2. When the start button is activated on the scada, the plc bit output bit responds and comes ON and scada changes colour on the configured output.
When i change the output bit on the scada tags and plc to O:2/0 or any other output on the output module, the PLC output comes on when you press the start button on the scada and goes off when you press the stop button on the scada. But the scada does not change colour.
The scada does not have any effect on external bits whether input or output even if they are configured on tag database. But if you use internal plc bits it works.
an error keeps appearing ( channel 1 error illegal command or format)
please help solve this problem.

It has been a long, long time, but I seem to recall that it is not possible to directly read the physical I and O tables from the HMI's.
Just stick with B3:1/0, B3:1/1, and put your output in parallel with B3:1/2, then read 1/2 from the HMI.