SoMachine and codesys tag acess

matwon

I have to modify a PAC drive lmc controller so that an external scada can acess some tags. The scada integrator asks us to make does tags available through codesys... I'm not sure what he means. Anybody got any experience with somachine that can explain me what he is talking about?

Thanks!

Are you the original provider of the motion controller ?

A "PacDrive LMC" is probably one of the versions of the PacDrive 3 "Logic Motion Controller", maybe the Pro/Pro2 or Eco models.

These controllers are of course based on the CoDeSys architecture for PLC logic control and motion control.

My guess if someone said "make tags available via CoDeSys" would be that they wanted specific tags created in the Global scope so they can be read and written by software that has a CoDeSys tag driver.

Or, they might be asking you for an OPC or OPC-UA connection to specific data in the drive.

The more context you can provide, the more folks might be able to help.

Hey guys,

They will be using a Kepware server with the codesys driver. The tags are indeed in the global scope.