RSLinx

Yes.

In RSLinx you can right-click on a CPU and select an option to create an OPC Topic. Or go to the DDE/OPC menu and create the topic. Note that you don't specify the data at this point.

Once you configure the topic you can go the the Edit menu to copy the OPC/DDE link and it will ask you for the specific data. Then in Excel if I recall you do a Paste Special and then select Paste Link.

OG

Thanks for the info. I have not had much luck with this since I got back from my deployment and my laptop updated, I kept getting an error in excel.It worked before then. So I'll see how it goes with your info.

I created my DDE/OPC topic, copied and pasted special in excel and get #REF! error.
=RSLINX|Valve_test_12!'Fill_Delay.ACC,L1,C1' this is the code its looking at.

Similar Topics

Hi, I am working on a project, where I face a issue with respected to Network Dropout. The PLC is connected to a 16 port unmanaged switch, where...
Replies
Views
Does Rockwell still offer reset codes for old school Master Disk floppy's? In a bind and need to reset the activation disk soon and to be pointed...
Replies
Views
Anyone have issues with RSLinx being very slow to open. It sometimes will say "Checking Activation" at the bottom for what seems like an...
Replies
Views
I need to support some old data collection that is running on Excel, but I need to get it running on LibreOffice. The following statement works...
Replies
Views
Hey All, I am sorry to ask this, but i still gotta do it. What happens if I close RS linx? Will it cause network interruption and PLCs will lose...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom