Merge RSLogix/Studio 5000 Installation Files

lstavropoulos

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello, besides a post on this site from 2016, I haven't seen any questions or answers regarding this.

Is if it is possible to strip the RSLinx, ControlFlash, and other installation files from each RSLogix/Studio 5000's installation folder, only keeping the latest or necessary files?

I am updating my electronic library of installation files for each version and the massive amount of GBs required to store the files is getting a little nutty. It seems that within each release is a folder for each feature (that is, separate folders for installing RSLogix/Studio 5000, a folder for RSLinx, etc.) along with a culminating installation executable.

Way back when, RSLogix5000 v16 (on the CPR9 DVD) used an installer that gave you the option of installing v10-v16 and contained just the RSLogix5000 folders for those versions, along with just one folder for RSLinx and one folder for each supporting software package (like ControlFlash).

In an effort to strip somewhere around 60GB of storage space (and growing), I started to experiment with this, but time constraints have made it tough to complete. Has anyone attempted this and had success?