How to connect absolute encoder to Hsc module of Slc500 Plc?

sinanmoral

How to connect the absolute encoder(12 bit resolution) to Hsc module of Slc500 Plc and get raw-data to my ladder logic?

Please give me example getting data via communication (like ethernet, devicenet etc ) to my ladder logic and as other option,

Please give physical wiring connection to Hsc module of slc500? preferable by me.

Please do not say, there is already manuel, I am new to Plc and my english is not good to understand manual well.

thanks in advance, stay healthy

The first question I would ask myself is: do the encoder signals match the HSC signal? Because perhaps you could destroy the PLC if they do not.

That said, The Google found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRSjloPHHc8

It goes very fast; you may need to hit pause and replay some sections a few times. But it may answer your first question.

Here is the google search I tried:

https://www.google.com/search?q=How+to+connect+the+absolute+encoder%2812+bit+resolution%29+to+Hsc+module+of+Slc500+Plc+and+get+raw-data+to+my+ladder+logic%3F

Absolute encoders typically have multiple wires that each would wire to a normal discrete input point. You read the data by reading the whole group of (12) inputs and interpreting them as one value. You might need to convert from Gray code binary to decimal. You normally would not use a high speed counter module for this.

We need to know more details about exactly which model of SLC500 PLC you are using as well as the catalog number of your encoder.

Thank you for explanation,

I did search a bit and result is ; (Please correct me If I am wrong

Absolute encoder can not connect to HSC module of slc500(1746-HSCE).

Instead of this module, I can connect it to normal discrete input module...

If you see one encoder directly connecting to Hsc module(1746-Hsce), that means,this encoder is incremental encoder...

You are correct.

The 1746-HSCE and 1746-HSCE2 modules only work with incremental encoders.

Some kinds of Absolute encoders can be connected to ordinary discrete input modules and decoded in PLC software.

Have you already selected the encoder ? If so, please provide details.

Sorry for late answer, I was not here for along time.

Trelectronic Meb8004-392
Steps: 4096
Revolution: 4096
Interface:parallel Push Pull
Supply Voltage: 11-27 V

Thank you for the follow-up !

I cannot find that specific part number on the TR Electronic website. Can you give us some more information so we can find the exact datasheet and examine the wiring diagram ?