RSLogix 5000 Won't Open (Also Factory Talk View won't recognize activation)

nmurray

So I had this problem last night, and could not find a fix anywhere on the internet.. Called Tech Support this morning such an easy fix I figured I would put it out there.. Will also help me so I can search it in the future if I forget.

My computer went to sleep then when I woke it up I could not open rslogix 5000.

I checked windows logger and saw an error with activations.

Went to C:\ProgramData\RockwellAutomation\FactoryTalkActivation\
Deleted all files in there. There may be 1 file that won't let you delete. Open task manager go to services and terminate anything that is rs5000.exe
Then finish deleting contents of the folder.
Restart system, everything started working as normal.

Thanks for all your help, deleting files in program data - Rockwell automation - Factory talk activation, and then there delete .rnl files after stopping rockwell processes in task manager was the solution for me (y)