SIMATIC NET v13 and D435 Help

sgtgig

I had a system running WinCC v7.0 SP3 and SIMATIC Net V8.1 SP2. The WinCC Runtime project was reading symbolic tags (e.g. D435.HMIVars.Start) from an OPC server running on the same machine, which was in turn using an S7 (and/or CM_SM_1?) connection to talk to a SIEMENS D435. Very simply:

D435(IE1/OP Port) <===> Unmanaged Switch <===> Windows 10 PC[OPC.SimaticNET <===> OPCServer.WinCC]

Everything was hunky dory and working/talking. Then, SIMATIC Net was upgraded to v13 sp2.
Now, I can't get the tags to read. I'm playing with the Communication Settings and have had no luck.

Here's what I'm doing so far. If there's missing information let me know.

I configured an Ethernet Driver using SOFTNET-IE. Using SIMOTION Scout on the same machine, I am able to connect to the D435 (appears in Accessible Nodes.) I was getting crashes when trying to use the physical driver which is a CP5511.

The S7 and CP_SM_1 Access Points are set to 'TCP/IP SOFTNET-IE RNA' . The D435 and the ethernet driver are on the same subnet. The ethernet driver is set to "configured" mode in Communication Settings.

The OPC server is running (checked in OPC Scout.) WinCC Runtime and its OPC server (client?) are also running.

I am unsure if the OPC server is connected to the D435 and am unsure how to check. Based on the port's activity lights, I don't think it's connected.

I found SIMOTION Scout's "export OPC info" function and did that, and imported it with OPC File Manager. The file I used was slightly out of date I think (edit: upated, no luck still.)

In NetPro, it appears that the PC was configured as PG/PC(1). I updated the IP address in this and downloaded the network config to the drive.

UPDATE: I read 'PIB0' and 'PIB1 'in OPC Scout from the drive. They had the same values as seen online with SIMOTION Scout. So it looks like OPC.SimaticNET is connected to the drive and reading values. I'm assuming something is wrong with the symbolic tag names.

Last edited:
Appears I've figured it out. Objects under OPC.SimaticNET : S7 : D435 : objects need to be remade and point at the tags that were previously being looked at. This setup was likely lost when V13 was installed. This is done through OPC Scout. WinCC also needs an access path of [S7]D435 now for the tag configuration.