Zebra Ethernet/IP Printer and Studio 5000

por fin pude comunicarme a la impresora zebra, sin módulos extras, solamente por Socket TCP/IP al principio es difícil, pero ya cuando estas estudiándolo no es tan difícil. aparte el lenguaje zebra se puede simplificar mucho sin usar tanta memoria del PLC

Print

Apenas veo sus comentarios.
Realmente mientras el PLC permita abrir sockets de comunicación (solo lo e hecho con compact logix y control) será muy sencillo comunicarse con la impresora Zebra. Solo hay que enviar el codigo ZPL de la etiqueta que quieras imprimir.

ejemplo
^XA
^FO50,200
^A0N,40,30^BCN,150,Y,N,Y
^FD>;>80012345123451234512^FS
^XZ

siendo el valor de 80012345123451234512 lo que se imprime y se puede sustituir por una variable tipo string para concactenar al final el texto total y enviarlo.

Alguien lo a hecho con un slc 5/05?

More that 5 data tags

I'm trying to follow the treads and also translate those in Spanish. I have a L24ER PLC that I need to send +20 data values to ZD410. Doing upto 5 is easy. Unless I'm not thinking outside the box, trying to use raw parser method seems like it can get messy for me. This is my first time using a printer to print from a PLC. Is this way the best option or should I be exploring the MSG function? I already have my (2) labels designed and loaded on the printer, it's just getting the PLC data to the correct fields is the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ZPL Code

Well, in CompactLogix I send the ZPL code to the Zebra Printer in a MSG instruction, You just have to config the MSG openning a socket connection for TCP/IP. In the knowledgebase exist an example, just concatenate the strings to change the "FD" ZPL instruction. Basically you just have to send text in MSG in a Socket. These time I used a CompactLogix L16, the L24 Should be do it without problems..... and for the 20 values is just make the logic to Send the MSG 20 times.

Checa este ejemplo, me ayudó mucho a entender todos los datos que me pedía. Descárgalos.

http://www.vdt-automation.ru/files/kb32962.pdf

El que te interesa si el plc es quien envía los datos él es el de cliente y la impresora el servidor, si no alrevés.

El puerto lo consigues metiendote a los parámetros de la impresora.
Chécalo.

Hi Joel. Was this the "knowledgebase" example you were referring to? Or is it something to search on AB site? If you have an example I could reference, that would be great. Thanks for your help.

Hi folks, see attached file

@fntaztc:

When I initiated this thread my idea was to be away from ZPL code, sockets and all that stuff.
But it seems that people are trying to complicate things.
My project have four weight stations using hardy platfom scales, also using AdvancedHmi software an PC as HMI. My PLC is a 1769-L30ER
I have to print QR codes from all four stations with up to 10 different variables almost every 20 seconds or less.
Attached you will find a copy of one of my first code I used when testing the project.
If you have any question please do not hesitate to contact me, by the way I do not work for Zebra.

ZPL Code

@fntaztc:

When I initiated this thread my idea was to be away from ZPL code, sockets and all that stuff.
My project have four weight stations using hardy platfom scales, also using AdvancedHmi software an PC as HMI. My PLC is a 1769-L30ER
I have to print QR codes from all four stations with up to 10 different variables almost every 20 seconds or less.
Attached you will find a copy of one of my first code I used when testing the project.
If you have any question please do not hesitate to contact me, by the way I do not work for Zebra.

That's great, I tried to do the same with the eds and the ethernet / IP protocol, but I did not find the EDS and it seems that I needed to change the Zebra printer firmware, the solution was the communication in TCP / IP with sockets.
I asked the EDS with the people of Zebra and they said that the EDS has to be ordered from Rockwell and Rockwell said that the EDS has to be ordered from the manufacturer, Zebra.
:confused:

Hi All,
Thanks for the help, but I'm still scratching my head...

Joel, I don't know if I can send MSG commands to the printer or not. My printer already has the proper firmware to work with AB Ethernet/IP comms. I tried the example and I didn't get a printout. I assumed the only thing in the example I had to change was the IP address (192.168.1.206?port=9100) and the EWEB_Path ($01$00). I change them as required and toggled test bit and nothing printed. I'm wondering if it's because of the firmware change on this unit. Unless I missing something, please advise.

Widelto,

I need some assistance using the raw parser method. My label uses FN1-FN3 and then I used FN6-FN23. So I need an easy (Lol) way to load data in the raw parser tag and send out as one. My tags are typically Reals and DINTs, so I assume first I need to convert to a string then insert them between ^FN6^FD and ^FS. Do you have a sample code that you have to load the data into the parser tags (if that's what you did)? Thanks for all the help.

Hi All,
Thanks for the help, but I'm still scratching my head...

Joel, I don't know if I can send MSG commands to the printer or not. My printer already has the proper firmware to work with AB Ethernet/IP comms. I tried the example and I didn't get a printout. I assumed the only thing in the example I had to change was the IP address (192.168.1.206?port=9100) and the EWEB_Path ($01$00). I change them as required and toggled test bit and nothing printed. I'm wondering if it's because of the firmware change on this unit. Unless I missing something, please advise.

Widelto,

I need some assistance using the raw parser method. My label uses FN1-FN3 and then I used FN6-FN23. So I need an easy (Lol) way to load data in the raw parser tag and send out as one. My tags are typically Reals and DINTs, so I assume first I need to convert to a string then insert them between ^FN6^FD and ^FS. Do you have a sample code that you have to load the data into the parser tags (if that's what you did)? Thanks for all the help.

Now I understand better, my solution is in the way that you do not have the EDS of the Zebra Printer and this has the Conventional firmware, this time I can not help you, beacuse, I have not used the Zebra printer on these way

Now I understand better, my solution is in the way that you do not have the EDS of the Zebra Printer and this has the Conventional firmware, this time I can not help you, beacuse, I have not used the Zebra printer on these way

Thanks for your help though. Maybe next time I'll try your method. Getting the printer with the firmware more than doubled my cost... :mad:

@fntaztc:

Hi, please send me your email via PM.
I change parser data every time a station is going to print, and yes I can send you a sample of my program.
regards,

william delatorre (widelto)

@fntaztc:

If you are using AdvancedHMI, there is no need to buy Zebra Enet/IP firmware, use Zebra's LinkOS SDK.