Ccw password protect one screen

saultgeorge

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey, folks, me again. I have an AB Panelview 800, using CCW standard edition V. 10.00, with RS 5000 V. 20.04 in a 1769-L18ER.
On this job, there are some functions on the HMI that need password protection, and some not. I can put all the ones (buttons, key pad entries, etc, on one screen, and I want to password protect just that one screen. The plant operators will have non-password protected access to the other 9 screens.
I see in CCW where there are password options, but I don't know if I can do just one screen. Looked a little bit on line but not much info there either. This is my first time with CCW and it doesn't seem to be a very flexible application. My company and especially my boss do not like to use CCW, but the customer likes it, I guess because it's cheap. Any thoughts appreciated, thanks in advance.

My thoughts on the software aside - Yes you can do what you want.
If you don't assign a 'right' to a screen, it won't need a password.

So just assign rights to the screen(s) you want to protect and setup the users as needed.