KepwareEX OPC client value is BAD in citect

What have you set up on the kepserver?
For example what plc are you connecting to with kepserver, then before connecting citec you can run the OPC Client in kepserver to see if you are getting data from the PLC.

device is a RSLinx OPC Server connected to RSLogix Emulate. The OPC client is showing data. is license required for citect?

To be honest I have no idea, however it is possible that if you have a demo version then it may not communicate with OPC or other driver, perhaps someone else knows. If it is RSL opc (suppled by kepware) that came bundled with factorytalk or what ever it is called now it may not work RW are not going to give you anything for free that connects to other equipment I bet.
I know Kepware (supplied by them will work for two hours you then have to re-start it), as for Citect I could not tell you. I do not know citect, can you browse the OPC space with Citect ? most Scada systems have the ability to import the tags, if so it should be able to read the data.

This seems a bit confusing, the OP stated it was Kepserver (often bundled with FTView) but now he is talking about RSLinx which is it.