New PV+ for old. Can't talk to MLX1400

DairyBoy

I had to replace a hosed-down PV+7 (2711PT6C21D8S) which connects directly to a MLX1400 via ethernet (no switch). The addresses are static and there is nothing else connected.

On installing it, I couldn't get it to communicate without inserting a switch in line. I guess that I must have set up the original PV somehow to achieve this but I can't work out what that was (if anything).

If someone could please help jog an addled brain, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks you.

I've been "remote-controlling" a junior for this job, but yes; both ping and RSLnx sees them individually. X-over arriving tomorrow and a little DIN-mount switch going there too.

I've been "remote-controlling" a junior for this job, but yes; both ping and RSLnx sees them individually. X-over arriving tomorrow and a little DIN-mount switch going there too.
What do we have? an older junior trying to remote controlling a younger junior?

Mickey, thank you for taking the time. It's not where I expected to find the problem -too focused on the PV- but the PLC comms had been changed from default. I guess that it was done when the first PV failed (blank screen) and local investigations started.