What is the difference between FactoryTalkView ME station and FactoryTalk view studio

sinanmoral

This question may be odd but I am a maintenance guy and just started with Rockwell automation software.

I have got a computer from my new current company and There are all software program related Rockwell automation in this computer, just I can not figure out difference between FactoryTalk View Me station and factorytalk view studio.

thanks in advance

Factory talk view studio is where you CREATE applications for your process. Factory talk view ME station is where you RUN the application you created in factory talk view studio.

Alternatively, factory talk view me station is not needed if you have a physical panelview HMI. ME station is usually used to run an application from a pc.

Even more, in factory talk view Studio you can RUN your application using “test application” without the need for factory talk view ME. Just keep in mind that the test mode will time out and is not a long term solution for a machine.

Last edited:
And to clarify just a little further.....

Station is built into the PanelView Plus terminal. It is not a separate purchase or a separate license.

A time-limited version of Station is also included with Studio so that you can test your applications. From within Studio you can launch Station (it's called Test Application) and run the application right there on your PC for up to two hours. At that point it will close. Launch it agian and you get another two hours. You can do that over and over.

Some companies prefer to run their ME applications from a PC instead of using a PanelView Plus. In this case, that PC would require the purchase of a licensed copy of Station. Once licensed, the two hour limit is removed.

Hope that helps clear things up a little bit.

OG

Last edited: