PF525 F122 I/O Board Failure. Thoughts?

alexbeatle

Hello, all.

Recently encountered the F122 fault on the PF525 VFD and curious what could be the reasons for it?
The attached are the instructions to clear it, but not reasons why.

Thanks.

F122_fault.jpg

Interesting, I just had this same fault pop up too. Pretty much a brand new drive too, maybe some defective units are out there. I should say, we did find a bolt in the pump...:confused:

The KB basically just say to re seat the IO module. I think I had this fault on a drive a few years ago. Had the operator clear it and keep going and I don’t think it’s ever showed it’s face again.

On the 525, there is a Control Module and a Power Module that snap together. There is a multi-pin connector that allows the Control Module to communicate to the Power Module and that can become a point of connection failure under vibration or corrosion (or both). If the Control Module goes bad, you don't need to replace the entire drive, just the Control Module. All Control Modules are the same regardless of size of the drive, when you plug it in, the PM tells the CM what it is. You will get an error that you have to clear. But try just reseatting it first...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgornT7mv8s

Last edited: