Micrologix 1100 1762-IF2OF2 module issues

Blue92

So I got my ML1100 up and running last night, and tonight Im trying to connect an analog in/out module 1762-IF2OF2. The problem is that the green power on light on the module is not coming on consistently with the PLC. I can plug/unplug the PLC 10 times, and the module will only come on maybe 2 times out of the 10. This is causing a fault code saying that the PLC isnt recognizing the module that Ive configured in the logic. Is this a bad expansion module? I have +5v, -5v, and +24v coming from the pins on the ML1100 expansion plug so I know its sending power to the module. It was a used ebay purchase so Im not surprised if it is a bad module, but its rather disapointing.

Do you have another 1100 or analog card that you can swap? this may tell you one or the other is the issue, I would agree that is sounds like the card, one thing I would check is the dip switches... make sure they are on the volt or current setting and not half way, that may cause a issue but just a WAG

There are known issues with firmware older than FRN 4 when using certain analog expansion cards. What is the FRN (firmware revision number) of the Micrologix?