Problems with TURCK TBEN-L4-16DXP I/O block not saving configuration

dev67

Hey all, I'm trying to set 4 of the last I/O to be outputs. The manual says to push the set button (which I assume is the one next to the rotary dials) or cycle power to save the configuration. But every time I cycle power I lose my settings and they default back to inputs. When setting them to outputs, the changes take effect immediately after clicking the submit button on the web interface.

The block is hooked up via ethernet IP to a 1769-L33ERMS AB controller, and works well until a power cycle.

Anyone else have issues with Turck I/O blocks not holding configs?

Heyo, nevermind. Found that it was being setup in the PLC. I'm pretty new to this. So now that I know it should be a simple thing to check for next time!

A similar thing flummoxed me with a Festo I/O manifold last month. I configured it with their utility, and it worked fine until I cycled power.

What I didn't realize was that the Configuration assembly tags that were imported from the utility (prior to my changes) over-wrote the parameters I was setting.

As third-party I/O with various configuration methods become more and more common, such issues will become more frequent and more widely understood.

How do you like those Turck modules ? I was all set to buy a bunch last year but they were 12 weeks lead time just as soon as they were announced so I had to fall back to using BL67.

How do you like those Turck modules ? I was all set to buy a bunch last year but they were 12 weeks lead time just as soon as they were announced so I had to fall back to using BL67.

Well this is basically the first I/O I've really ever set up so I honestly don't have anything to compare them to. But I think they're really easy to use.