Crimson 3 Program Downloading

jojoneoral

Hi
We have a new Red Lion HMI Touchscreen using Crimson 3 program as a replacement for our existing unit. The machine supplier failed(forgot) to install the program before shipment so they emailed me the program and ask me to install it using Crimson 3 build version 50.003.
I'm a Ladder Logic programmer and have no idea about Crimson 3. I connected the HMI unit to the laptop using RS232 serial converter and found that the connection is "good" by checking the Device Manager indicating "USB Serial Controller" and "USB Serial Port(COM7)".
So I set The "LINK" to COM7 and use Link-Send, but the Download Database Status Indicates "Error -No acknowledge from target device". I thought I have completed the Communications between the two, what am I missing. Need your advise please.