Panel View Data Log file

[FONT=&quot]I am using RS view Enterprise file viewer to open and convert data log files from Factory Talk ME to CSV format. When I am opening datalog file in [/FONT][FONT=&quot] RS view Enterprise file viewer The date format is DD/MM/YYYY, which is fine but when I am converting it [/FONT][FONT=&quot] into CSV, the date format is MM/DD/YYYY.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I want the CSV file in [/FONT][FONT=&quot]DD/MM/YYYY format as well,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] My MS Excel is also setup to UK style date i.e. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]DD/MM/YYYY[/FONT][FONT=&quot] . [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So where is the problem, is it the way datalog file created in panel view or RS view file viewer or my Excel settings? Where is the Problem ?
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have also checked the regional settings on Panel view, they are set to UK style date format. [/FONT]

At start up of factory talk view application what is the defauls language for this application?
Is it eng(uk)? or different..
I feel the application developement language would be different.

That doesn’t work, Excel is set in UK style, I think it’s the way CSV file is generated by Rs view file viewer. This is just weird.

I beg to differ

See attached screen shots. It is easy to change from DD/MM/YY to MM/DD/YY or vice versa

Cheers

date.png f1.png f2.png

Solution to Date format problem sorted!
Basically the project was started in English-US as default language and run time file was generating the Data log file in American date format, which I don’t want.
What I did to solve the problem is, on development computer in factory talk studio I added English-GB as additional language to the project.
Now, another problem. When I opened the project with English-GB as default language, all the text on displays became question marks '?'.
Solution to this problem, open the project in English-US, then in language configuration, Highlight English-US(make sure all displays are closed when you do this procedure), then click Export, in next dialog box select 1st option i.e. Export strings to eg-GB to one or more Unicode files.
Next, a text file will be created, before you click finish; make sure you know the file path where this file will be stored. Generally it will be stored in Strings folder under RS view enterprise folder. Close the project.
Once this process is done, go to the strings folder and find the text file which ends with ‘US’.Rename this file, here keep the file name as it is and only replace ‘US’ with ’GB’.
Open the project in US and import the file you just renamed into the project from language configuration option. Close the project and open it with English GB as default, the project will retain the displays and works fine with English –GB.
When you create run time file for Panel view. Make sure you make English GB as default language.
After doing this datalog files are created with English-GB time format i.e. DD/MM/YYYY.

One another way to remove/avoid question mark while selecting another language is:
Just add the language whatever you want...in language option...
dont make it default...now save your project...close it and reopen factory talk view studio..if you click on your application , you will find old language under that application box, change it to new added language...open the project...
thats it....you are done...
you dont need to import and export text and all....
this you can say a loop hole for this software..

I did what you described, in first place and I have come a crossed this '?' mark problem. That is why, I have to hassle so much to get it right.