Modicon Traffic Cop

bitmonkey

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Guys,
I searched the forum for traffic cop, but didn't find much. Here's my dilemma. I'm adding an alarm light to an existing system and I have an output card where only the first 4 outputs are being used as real world outputs. The remaining outputs have no wire connected to them. I searched the logic for the remaining outputs and it comes back not found, which is cool, but when I went to the used table it shows t=Traffic Cop. I don't know what that means. I know traffic cop is used to configure the rack, etc. But can I can, or can I can't use that output? Is that bit already being used for something else? Or is it telling me I have to use the traffic cop to configure it first? I looked in the Block Library book, and the Programming book but I'm still confused, and it's 4AM, and I'm all alone. I'm gonna eat a banana and stare at this screen waiting for a reply...
Thanks for providing this forum, I read it every day!
Cheers,
bitmonkey

What PLC, which language, which software ?

Looks like somebody has just tagged a derived data type as a variable, maybe they needed it on an HMI etc.....

I cant comment any further without knowing the the details above.

It's a Quantum, ProWORX NxT Version2.20 is the software, and if the language is not Special 8, then I'm afraid I don't know what it is. Thanks for your reply, sorry for my ignorance.

After a quick google of Modicon languages, I'm assuming it's Unity Pro, because I know it's not Concept and apparently those are the only two options?

It's a Quantum, ProWORX NxT Version2.20 is the software, and if the language is not Special 8, then I'm afraid I don't know what it is. Thanks for your reply, sorry for my ignorance.

Quantum is a family of processors, much like saying you drive a Ford, what is the CPU part number.....