Installing the OSCAT library in IndraWorks v14

Ken Roach

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I'm a very novice user of Bosch-Rexroth IndraWorks, and thus CoDeSys v3, and hit the ground running with the IndraLogic XM22 controller without taking the time to learn the IDE well.

So while I found an excellent description of how to import the popular OSCAT CoDeSys libraries into IndraWorks, I had a heck of a time following the instructions because of how some of the dialogs have changed in v14 and because of my lousy German vocabulary.

I did learn today that "Bibliotheksverwalter" means "Library Manager" !

Here's a link to 2015 thread including an excellent document from our colleague Hokie and good commentary from Shooter: [LINK]

For future users of these two software products, I am posting a PDF of my write-up on how to change the OSCAT Basic library so that it includes only a symbolic link to the Standard library and does not create a version conflict.

It's likely to look very elementary to any experienced CoDeSys user, but please remember that every year brings fresh minds to the industry, even mine.