Panelview and SNMP protocol

rdread

I have a Panelview model 2711-T5A20L1 that the IT Dept. tells me has SNMP Protocol is active. They want it turned off. Is it possible, does the device need this protocol? If it's possible to turn it off, how? I have search the knowledge base on AB.com and found nothing. I have done a search of PDF manual for "SNMP" and turned no results.

I have a Panelview model 2711-T5A20L1 that the IT Dept. tells me has SNMP Protocol is active. They want it turned off. Is it possible, does the device need this protocol? If it's possible to turn it off, how? I have search the knowledge base on AB.com and found nothing. I have done a search of PDF manual for "SNMP" and turned no results.

I have come across this with other bits of kit before, it might not be possible to turn it off and if you can't just change the read community string to a complex alphanumeric then it wont respond to requests for data, info here:

https://www.paessler.com/whatisansnmpcommunitystring