Omron CP1L help

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hello

I am not familiar with Omron part numbers enough and its a little confusing

I need (would like).... CPU with USB and Ethernet, 8 digital in and 8 digital out, also 2 channels of analog in & out 0-10vdc

Found this http://www.lsk.fi/globalassets/tuotteet/automaatio/mikrologiikat/omron-cp.pdf

Dont care too much about the price but I do need all the requirements, I was thinking of using a CP1L-M30DR-A but the link above states that is does not support analog I/O boards? has anyone used a CP1W analog board (plug-in module) with a CP1L?

Or would a better option be CP1L-EL20DR-D with a CP1W-DAB21V ? I think this would work but want to double check... I dont want to buy the wrong thing, I kind of wanted AC and this one would be DC, thats OK but AC would be better

Thanks for your help

The CP1L-EL20DR-D is correct, but for two analog inputs and outputs you would need a CP1W-MAB221 option module.
The CP1L-M30DR-A will support analog expansion units, but it would require two units to get 2 analog in plus 2 analog out. It would also require a CP1W-CIF41 to get Ethernet connectivity.

The CP1L-EL20DR-D is correct, but for two analog inputs and outputs you would need a CP1W-MAB221 option module.

Thank you, I thought the CP1L-EL20DR-D had two embedded analog inputs so thats why I was going to use the CP1W-DAB21V but I cant find out a lot of detail on the embedded inputs, like if they support 0-10vdc ? so maybe your way would be better and run all the analog from one card

No but just thought it would make it easier and a bit faster to program... the end user wanted ethernet for them I just need to write a program and load it

Thank you

CP1H-XA controller features 4 integrated analog inputs and 2 outputs.
The default programming port is USB.
Ethernet port may be added as an inexpensive communication board or more powerful CJ1W series expansion unit. However, the use of the Ethernet connection must be known for proper selection. Is it only for programming and HMI? Ethernet/IP (master?slave?)? Raw socket messaging? Modbus/TCP(master?slave?)?

So I ended up going with below...

CP1L-L20DR-A CPU
CP1W-MAD42 Analog Expansion Module combo in and out
CP1W-CIF41 Ethernet plug-in module

Worked out great thanks for the help and the email support gtsuport! I owe you a beer forsure 🍻