Logix i/o status details

James Mcquade

Everyone,

i'm new to logix 5000 in regards to finding I/o points.
for example, in slc 500 / plc 5 I would goto the plc inputs / outputs to see what I/o was on or off.

How do I find this information in logix 5000?
for example, we have converted a plc5 program to logix 5000.
I:051/10 is detailed as I051B10 - which I understand, and also
Rack05:I.Data[1].8 which I also understand.
How do you look for the input status bit to see if its on or off?

I have the software and can go online.

Thanks in advance,
james

Is the input card you're looking for on a local rack or a remote? I'm not familiar with how that second tag is syntaxed. Looks like you missed a number?

Look in your controller tag list. The I/O is listed as tags and it depends on how the conversion named them.
I'm suspecting that first tag "I051B10" is an alias to the tag referencing the card tag itself.

Here's a screenshot of the tag browser for one of my racks.
"Local:11.I.Data.*" are tags that reference the card itself. In this case, it's a 1756-IA32 in slot #11 on the local rack. The inputs themselves show up in the "Local:11:I.Data" branch of the tree and there are 32 sub tags (0-31), one for each input.

On your "Rack05:I.Data[1].8", it should be the input card on your I/O Configuration tree as "Rack05".

Clipboard01.jpg Clipboard02.jpg

Last edited:
near the top of the Controller Organizer Window (the left hand pane) ... go to the Controller Tags feature ... make sure that you're on the Monitor Tags screen (see Edit/Monitor tabs at bottom of screen) ... scroll down looking for the tagname that you want to monitor ... keep clicking the Plus Signs to expand the tables ...

you'll get used to it ... (eventually) ...

TIP: if you have a certain tag already in front of you (in the logic listing) then Right-Click on the tagname and select "Monitor" from the popup menu ...