Factory talk studio Me help needed

stu

hi guys I hope your well and had a great xmas
I have got something confusing me on factorytalk me,
I have an issue where I would like a pop up or a banner to be activated if two buttons are not active
ive tired to work out expression but get an error?

I have a silo selection Tag {HMI\F34:18}
and silo button 3 confirm Tag {HMI\B35:2/2}
which I would like to put a banner to remind the operator to confirm the buttons on
so thought I could do an expression to activate the banner
IF {HMI\F34:18} = 3 & {HMI\B35:2/2} =0 then activate the visibility
but cant get to work and ideas
thanks stu

A quick and dirty way around this is to create two compare instructions in your PLC program that activate a coil.
So when F34:18 equals 3 and B35:2/2 equals 0, then activate coil B3:1/0 for example.
Then set your visibility to activate the banner whenever B3:1/0 equals 1.

Hi,

Can you post the full expression? I presume the THEN/ELSE elements of the expression are declared?

See my example below;

If ({[PLC]R17_ControlDint[0]} > 0) AND ({[PLC]R17_ControlDint[0]} < 40) Then 1
Else If ({[PLC]R17_ControlDint[0]} >= 40) AND ({[PLC]R17_ControlDint[0]} < 100) Then 2 Else 0

Just another point, i normally use NOT to evaluate bit level addresses rather than BIT=0 or 1 as you have it. May make no difference whatsoever, just sayin'!

Regards,

Rob